Tuesday, August 29, 2006

What a Beautiful Day...(one minor incident)

Ah, the freedom that home educating allows ones family is one of the absolute best parts of choosing this lifestyle. One needn't be a millionaire (we certainly aren't...not even a hundredthousandaire's!) to enjoy the beauty that Nature provided each and every day. Days in which to drink in the suns rays, adore various creatures and best of all, each other.

We left out around 8:15 this morning and headed over to Perdido Key State Park. It was so beautiful and peaceful and the waves were fun to play in without the danger of rip currents. We body surfed, found shells, saw several blue crabs, a small jelly, plenty of birds and two dolphin...and hence we've reached the minor incident! I am utterly terrified of sharks. Zak was about waist deep and Brooke and I were closer to the shore when I saw a fin pop out of the water, well I panicked "Get out of the water! Shark! Shark!" The whole time Zak is saying, "Mom, it isn't a shark, it is a dolphin." I didn't care, I saw the fin and that was that. I saw that no one was in danger and was screaming "Get the camera, get the camera!" While trying to stay with the fin, which were now two fins and I knew then we were dealing with dolphins. To make a long story short, Brooke's awesome "Rat" innertube was lost to the Gulf of Mexico because during the panic, the waves had grabbed hold of it and Zak was trying to hurry and get me the camera. Anyway, I felt terrible and promised Brooke a new innertube.

After the "incident" we still had a wonderful time and here are some samples of our awesome morning at the beach:





No comments: