Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Last Blog For A Bit...

Unless I'm nearby a computer in the next several weeks, we're on our way to visit my family in Michigan. I'll miss my hubby over the next 14 days, seriously, my heart hurts thinking about not seeing him for that amount of time. Donnie will miss all of us, I can't imagine what it will be like for him to have no cuddle with Brookey time, or playing football with Zak. *SIGH* However, the time will fly because we're happy to be seeing much missed relatives including aunts, uncles, friends, grandparents and great grandparents. :-) My hope is that for Donnie it goes by fast too, afterall, he's the one who'll be alone.

Yesterday we just chilled out here at the house, Zak and Grandpa sat on the front porch watching the city workers dig a huge whole for the well-water pump. There are many yellow machines in our neighborhood right now, dad said that a front-end loader almost clipped our car! Donnie came home for lunch and after he went back to work we headed for the beach.
The wind was blowing, the waves were hulking, and all kinds of nature surrounded us at the beach on the Gulf of Mexico. Seagulls dove for shrimp, two catfish swam back and forth, and a Blue Heron were all in a tidepool. Sandpipers lined the beach running towards the outgoing waves and then quickly running away when they came near the coastline...Brooke took the opportunity to pretend to be a sandpiper and quickly ran back and forth with them. Zak delighted in the physics provided by the oceans waves, so what if we don't know the technicalities, he was observing and wondering throughout...what a scientist ;-). I cannot count how many times that he caught waves for body surfing, many were so mammoth that they literally tossed the kids to the shore...LOL My dad and I inadvertantly got soaked to the bone, thankfully there was a nice strong breeze that dried us...slightly. My dad and Brooke walked the shoreline a bit in pursuit of seashells while Zak and I stood near our towels in the water and picked some up from there.

Later that day we had a pleasant roast beef dinner, sat on the back deck and chatted, played a couple computer games, and finally the guys settled down for a movie. Brooke and I were exhausted and instead opted for sleep.

I have some piddling to do this beautiful day, in order to ready myself and the kids for our excursion tomorrow. I awoke to a storm early this a.m. and when dawn came and the sun shone it's lovely light, I was surprised to see that it looks as though a hurricane hit. The orange barrels used by the city in the road were knocked down as was our trash can, a huge one of several pipes that holds a fence for the pump in the road was down, branches all over the place, our chairs were blown off the deck, etc. Needless to say, I won't have time for much yardwork today so DH will be left with the brunt of that.
See you all in about 20 days...until then...Later. :-)

No comments: