Friday, November 14, 2008

10 Year Old Daughter First Sewing Projects

My mother-in-law moved down here from Virgina a couple of months ago and since then, the children have been relishing every moment of their time with her. Our youngest, age 10, has never sewn or used a sewing machine in her entire life.

B and her grandmother have frequented Jo Ann Fabrics over the past couple of weeks. Last week dd used a sewing machine to create a stuffed moose, everything but the antlers, and last night she used the sewing machine to create the kitten dress for stuffed cat that her grandmother made a couple of years ago.

Under the care and tutelage of a wonderful grandma, my 10 year old daughter is able to create what I'm not able too at age 38. I can definitely see her creating an online store featuring clothes for stuffed animals! :-)





4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww, how cute is that! She did a great job!

Anonymous said...

I agree very good job. Also wanted to tell her Manny and Jack are doing lovely and have a big ole flight cage and like to fly around the livingroom and perch up on the curtain rods.

Mandi

Sandy said...

Thanks ladies, I haven't been to my site in awhile and I didn't get a notification email that you all replied. Sorry about that!

Hope all is well with both of you. :-)

I'm going to try and keep up with posting again now that I've taken a break from writing. :-)

Homeschooling Mother said...

This is a great project. I'd love to do this one with my daughter.